Porcelain Veneers are a popular choice for patients who want a natural-looking & perfectly white surface to their teeth. In many cases damaged, cracked, or discolored teeth can be covered with natural-looking porcelain veneers. Porcelain has the look & feel of a real tooth, & it has unique properties within its chemical structure that allow it to strongly bond with natural teeth.
Dental Crowns are known as tooth-shaped ‘caps’ because they cap over a tooth. This crown can restore a tooth’s size, shape, strength, and improve the overall appearance of the tooth. Dental crowns are used for a variety of reasons, which include:
- Protecting a weak tooth from decay.
- Holding a cracked tooth together.
- Restoring a worn tooth or a tooth that is broken.
- Covering teeth that are severely discoloured.
Dental Bridges are used to literarily bridge the gap between teeth. A dental bridge is made with two crowns for the teeth on both sides of the gap. There are the two anchor teeth and a prosthetic tooth that is in-between the two. Dental bridges can be supported by natural teeth or by dental implants. The most common uses for dental bridges include:
- To replace a missing tooth or teeth
- Restoring the natural look of a smile
- Restoring chewing functionality
- Restoring speaking ability
- To distribute the force of a bite evenly across all teeth
- To prevent other teeth from drifting out of position (occurs when teeth are missing)